1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Hmmm perhaps a bit. I don't use acrylic at all, and I hate those feathers/fluff type novelty yarns. I don't know exactly what Red Heart and Lion Brand yarns are like, as they are not available in Australia. I once knitted Thomas a jumper out of some cheap Panda wool (100% wool), and it has not lasted very well (all matted and yuck), so I do stick to Jo Sharp etc - they just seem to wear better.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I desperately want to learn to spin, and I'm going to take a class this term. I'm waiting for them to announce the dates so I can enroll. I can crochet a little, but I stick to knitting - I like it better.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
I was taught when I was 8 or so. But I've really gotten into it since my son was born (he's 4).
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
The answer is, I'm on a diet.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like sewing, embroidery, cooking, ummmm knitting, knitting, knitting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, computer plays MP3s. I'm pretty open minded with music (not really into top 40 type stuff though). I listen to JJJ on the radio, and I love Aimee Mann.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I like happy colours, in knitting, I try to steer away from dark colours like black and navy.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my beautiful son (Thomas), and my wonderful and handsome SO (Graham) - Thomas' father and I are divorced. They are the best two people in the world. No pets, but I'd love to have a dog.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Hmm, I'm trying to just take each day as it comes.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Cashmerino is the nicest thing I've knit with, but what an extravagance!!! I really like Jo Sharp DK, Jaeger merino, I just like wool.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
feathers/'ostrich' etc. YUK. And acrylic.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Textured knitting, patterns and cable. I just ordered some new needles, and I can't wait to knit 2 socks on 2 circs.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
At the moment, baby clothes... not for me!! Grahams brother and his wife are expecting.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Cabled baby coat from Debbie Bliss' baby knits book (this is the baby cashmerino one), and a Dr Who scarf for Graham (jo sharp).
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I'd like one, I think they are handy. My mum used to knit and crochet them for me when I was in primary school. I guess it's a bit sentimental.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I've only ever used straight and dpns, but I just ordered some addi turbo circs last night. Hurry up Mr Postman!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo = YES!! Aluminum = yeah ok. Plastic = nooooooooooooooooooo! Although having said that, I'd love to see what Denise interchangeables are like.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My nanna taught me, and still helps me when I run into trouble. But now I show her things too!
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
hehehe i have an embroidery waiting to be finished. It's been waiting a very long time.... lets see about 20 years.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I like elephants. A baby elephant would make a great pet =)
25. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite what? Haven't been on holiday for years.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Wool and nice knitting needles. No knick-knacks.